- Fire Department
From Fire Chief's office:
The National Fire Protection Association has announced that Fire Prevention Week 2021 will take place October 3-9 with the theme “Learn the Sounds of Fire Safety.” This theme focuses on recognizing the different sounds smoke and carbon monoxide alarms make, and what to do when an alarm sounds.
Getting Ready for the Thanksgiving Holiday, here is a safety tip:
Protecting the life and property of Lake City’s citizens.
The Lake City Fire Department’s mission is to provide firefighting and emergency services to protect life and property of the citizens of Lake City. We aim to deliver these services in an acceptable, high-quality, courteous, humane, safe and efficient manner while being responsive to the city’s and community’s needs.
If you need the emergency services of the Lake City Fire Department, immediately dial 911.
Lake City Fire Department
- The Fire Department lobby will be closed to the public.
- Fire reports may be obtained by calling 843.374-2470 or to obtain an Incident report(s), you can email request(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Firefighters will wear additional personal protective gear to reduce exposure.
- The City of Lake City Fire Department will respond only to medial calls of an acute nature.
When you dial 911 for emergency assistance, the dispatcher will answer the phone and ask you questions about the emergency, including:
- Your name
- The address of the emergency
- The telephone number you are calling from
- A brief description of the emergency, such as "My kitchen is on fire" or "There is an accident at the intersection of Highway 52 and Kelly Street."
For more information, contact the Lake City Fire and Rescue Department at 843-374-2470.